Application of prevision models
- Air quality modelling: the studies are performed by means of the mathematical model CALPUFF View (Lakes Environmental) or the AERMOD View (Lakes Environmental), both approved by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Dispersion of chemical and physical pollutants in superficial water, subsoil, groundwater. Use of prevision referenced models as CORMIX (recommended US EPA) for the diffusion analysis of pollutant discharges placed in water bodies of different nature (rivers, lakes, sea, etc.) and GNOME (NOAA, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration).
- Application of the MODFLOW model to simulate the dynamics of groundwater pollutants as a result of a contamination event.
- Use of the Risk-net model, based on ASTM standards, for the development of risk analysis and identification of remediation objectives.
- Application of referenced mathematical models (HSSM U.S. EPA) for the simulation of hydrocarbon releases in the subsoil, the relative formation of lenses in the capillary fringe, the dissolution of any soluble components and their transport to the aquifer.
- Noise Study: the studies are performed by means of the mathematical model SoundPlan (SoundPlan International LLC.).
- Landscape Study: the scope of the study is to assess the impact of new projects on the existing landscape by means of a systematic analysis of potential impacts to scenery and views. The impact of the projects is assessed by means of graphical simulations (e.g. photomontage of the 3D model to be insert into photographs of the streetscape and landscape of the project site).